Whenever possible, we recommend giving the capsules whole. The outside of the capsule is specially coated to protect the healthy bacteria during their journey through your pet's stomach acid, so removing the capsule makes it more difficult for those bacteria to survive. However, some people have tried opening the capsules and mixing the powder with food, and seen improvement in their pet's symptoms. Note that once the powder opened and mixed with food, the more typical "poo" smell often becomes stronger, and this causes some pets to refuse the food mixed with the powder.
Articles in this section
- How should I store the supplements?
- If my pet will not take the capsule, can I open it and mix the contents in with food?
- What are the ingredients in the fecal transplant capsules?
- Why aren't my fecal transplant capsules all the same color?
- Can my pet continue taking probiotics?
- Can my pet continue taking other medications while taking the supplement?
- My pet has food allergies or intolerances. How can I be sure that my dog will not react to allergens in the donor’s food?
- How long do results from the fecal transplant capsules last?
- Will my pet need to be on the fecal transplant capsules forever?
- Won't the bacteria just dissolve in the stomach?